OBIA Hospital Clinician Educational Bursary
Ontario Brain Injury Association is pleased to announce the annual Hospital Clinician Education Bursary sponsored by PIA Law.
The purpose of this bursary is to support and encourage hospital clinicians working within the brain injury field to continue to pursue professional development in the areas of brain injury rehabilitation.
Providing educational opportunities is a key part of the OBIA mission which is “to enhance the lives of Ontarians living with the effects of ABI through education, awareness and support”.
OBIA is proud to offer four annual bursaries awarded to hospital clinicians working within the brain injury field to a maximum of $2,500 per bursary.
OBIA gratefully acknowledges the generosity of the sponsorship of PIA Law for making this bursary possible. PIA Law will be sponsoring this bursary up to a maximum of $10,000.00 annually.
The OBIA Hospital Clinician Education Bursary will be awarded twice a year. Application forms must be received by May 31st or November 30th of the current calendar year.
OBIA is pleased to have member firms of PIA Law: McLeish Orlando, Oatley Vigmond, and Thomson Rogers as the bursary sponsor. The members of PIA law continue to recognize and value the importance of providing educational opportunities to those working with the seriously injured as this is a key part of the recovery process.
For more information regarding this bursary please read the FAQ section below.
1. Who is Eligible?
This bursary will be of special interest to social workers, discharge planners, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, case managers, speech language pathologists, and other health care professionals who treat, advise and advocate on behalf of the brain injury community.
- be currently employed in Ontario in a Hospital setting
- have completed a minimum of one year of employment as a health care professional
- be working in brain injury rehabilitation
2. What is the application process?
There are several items to complete prior to final submission. A completed application form and all supporting documents as outlined on the application must be submitted by the stated deadline.
3. When will I find out if I am awarded the bursary?
Successful applicants will be notified on the following dates:
- By June 30th, 2016 for applications received between December 1st, 2015 to May 31st, 2016.
- By December 10th, 2016 for applications received June 1st to November 30th, 2016.
4. Do I have to repay the bursary?
No, we are pleased to award the bursary to you so that you can further your professional development and empower others in the industry.
5. What type of educational programs are covered?
All educational programs related to the treatment and rehabilitation of brain injury will be considered. There are no geographical restrictions to the educational bursary.
In the spirit of the bursary, we ask that you only apply for funding for educational sessions that take place following the closing date of the bursary. Funding will not be considered for events that have already taken place.
6. What is required of me?
If you are the successful recipient of the bursary we will require the following from you:
- A high resolution photo with a short biography for us to include in related marketing materials.
- Your complimentary attendance at a PIA Law hosted event, where OBIA and PIA Law will publically announce your acceptance of the bursary.
- A minimum two page report to OBIA and PIA Law about the conference, the knowledge gained from the experience, and your plan to utilize the new skills or knowledge obtained to augment care services.
OBIA and PIA Law have the right to use your information and the report for marketing materials, newsletters, and online marketing initiatives about the bursary.
7. Who chooses bursary recipients?
Bursary winners are selected by a committee overseen by OBIA and PIA Law.
8. Where can I get more information?
For more information regarding this bursary, please contact OBIA at: