The community bursary is currently closed. Please check back soon for updates.
1. Who is Eligible?
- be currently employed in Ontario
- have completed a minimum of one year of employment as a health care professional
- be working in brain or spinal cord injury rehabilitation
- have not previously received a bursary from this program
2. What is the application process?
There are several items to complete prior to final submission. A completed application form and all supporting documents as outlined on the application must be submitted by the stated deadline.
3. When will I find out if I am awarded the bursary?
Successful applicants will be notified on the following dates:
- By June 30th, for applications received between December 1st to May 31st.
- By December 31st, for applications received June 1st to November 30th.
4. Do I have to repay the bursary?
No, we are pleased to award the bursary to you so that you can further your professional development and empower others in the industry. We only ask that you use the funds within one year of the bursary closing date.
5. What type of educational programs are covered?
All educational programs related to the treatment and rehabilitation of brain injury will be considered. There are no geographical restrictions to the educational bursary.
In the spirit of the bursary, we ask that you only apply for funding for educational sessions that take place following the closing date of the bursary. Funding will not be considered for events that have already taken place.
6. What is required of me?
If you are the successful recipient of the bursary we will require the following from you:
- A high resolution photo with a short biography for us to include in related
- Your complimentary attendance at a PIA Law hosted event where we will publically announce your acceptance of the bursary.
- A minimum two page report to PIA Law about the conference, the
knowledge gained from the experience, and your plan to utilize the new skills or knowledge obtained to augment care services.
PIA Law has the right to use your information and the report for marketing materials, newsletters, and online marketing initiatives about the bursary.
7. Who chooses bursary recipients?
Bursary winners are selected by a committee overseen by PIA Law.